Friday, October 2, 2009

The Littlest Concord

Dear Readers,

It's been ages since I last wrote, and big changes have been happening around the Concord household. What kind of changes? If you guessed diaper changes, you are only partly correct. Friends, I am excited to announce the arrival of Baby Concord! This little bundle of joy came into our world just two months ago, and since then she has been the center of our lives. I'll tell you more about her in a moment. Now, I think you can understand why I've been slacking off on my blogging duties lately. But I am going to get back into it in a big way: I will attempt to write a new post every week from now on. You're probably asking yourself right now, "How is the laziest blogger in the world going to accomplish such a feat?" Well, I'm lowering the bar. You heard me right. As far as I'm concerned, raising the bar is overrated. Everybody's doing it, and it just creates a lot of stress and misery. What I mean by lowering the bar is that I will post something every week, regardless if it meets my previously sky-high blogging standards. So one week you may get a three-sentence post about beef jerky, but then the next week you may get a five page manifesto concerning the socio-economic implications of tort reform. So there you go.
Now back to this week's topic- Baby Concord. And really, she should be the subject of every week's post, considering how big of an impact she has made on my life. Just how amazing is this little munchkin? First off, she is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Incredible, considering that she got half of her genes from me. She's also unusually well-behaved, judging from the numerous screaming gremlins that I have encountered in airplanes and eye exam rooms over the years. It's also surprising that she has already grown so big, especially considering that her parents are skinny folks. The thing that really blows my mind, however, is that Mr. and Mrs. Concord have created a new life. Right now, she depends upon us for everything, from eating to bathing to getting her diaper changed. But someday this baby will be a walking, talking kid, and then she'll be a rebellious teenager with opinions and strange musical tastes, and eventually she'll grow up to be a mature adult with a job, responsibilities, and perhaps a family of her own. And if everything goes according to plan, when I'm old and feeble, she'll be changing my diaper. Like I said, mind-blowing. Right now, though, I'm just enjoying her for who she is today: a sweet, precious baby. Each week is a new discovery, such as her first smile or a new vocal sound, and it's such a cool thing to experience. Friends, say hello to Baby Concord!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This blog is full of lies, case and point this post was NOT posted on October 2. I checked mid-day Oct 3 and this post was NOT up. Revisionist history will not restore the faith of your formerly loyal followers. In fact trying to deceive them only alienates them. I ask you people who will you believe ME or this absentee Blogger who actually thinks "concords are better" I mean come on they are TOO sweet, FULL of seeds and the skin is NASTY ... you spit out 40% of what goes in to your mouth ... Really who do you think has spent more time on this blog in the last 4 months Papa Grape of his former number 1 fan????? This just takes my back to the Bush days of media LIES.
The only true thing about this post is that baby C is a cute one! And we all know that not all babies are cute!!!!!!

Brian said...

Michael, first you accuse me of slander on Facebook, and now you've written a nasty note on my own blog. Honestly, it doesn't really bother me. But take another look at that picture of Baby Concord. Do you think she'll still be smiling years down the road when she reads her father's old blog posts and stumbles upon your hate-filled rant? Think of the psychological damage that you may have already inflicted upon her. Shame on you!

Unknown said...

Dear MR Concord,

The shame is on you, I accused you of nothing you are not guilty of.

My response to your SLANDER will have no ill effect on Baby Concord unfortunately it will have an ill effect on Baby C's mother. As it has become apparent that she alone will have to teach baby C the difference between right and wrong. Fortunately I know Baby C's her mother to be an honest person,
with the strength to take on such a task ... in fact with her influence there is still hope for you!!!!!

As for Baby C of reading age ... I do think that she will be smiling when she reads old bog posts by her father ... well at least until she sees this one and then has to question whether everything you have told her since she was two months old was a lie!!!!!!!! YES baby C there is no Santa ... only Big Pony.

Trevor said...

Yay! Concords is back! Concords is in da house! But forcing poor Baby C to wear that t-shirt: man, somebody oughtta call CPS ...