Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cute and Creepy

Hola amigos,

After an unusually long rainy season, it seems like summer is finally here in Seattle. But that doesn't mean I'll be wasting my time playing in the sunshine; no, I'll still be slaving away in my dark, cramped computer room so that all of you folks can continue enjoying your weekly fix of blog heaven.

This week's post features a couple of things found on the World Wide Web. First up is a website called Angry Alien. Cindy's friend Beth recently turned us on to this site, which features 30-second reenactments of popular movies as performed by cute cartoon bunnies. Only the essential plot points are illustrated, and each clip speeds by at a hilarious pace. All of 'em are great, but my favorite is their version of Brokeback Mountain.

Next up is Monstruos Diabolicos, a webpage devoted to 80's-era Mexican monster trading cards. The cards are pretty cheesy, but the drawings are so low-budget that they end up being way cooler than any of the slick American trading cards I remember from my childhood.

This week on Radio Concord is a song by British musician Robert Wyatt. Originally a drummer for the 60's psychedelic band Soft Machine, he was paralyzed in a freak accident early on and has spent the remainder of his career making solo art-rock records. Here's a song from his latest album:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW I get the first comment! OK on to the comment.
COMMENT: this post just might be the 2nd best post to this blog ever, I am really glad to see the topics of the posts and the titles have been more in line with each other. for me the bunnies are cute and the song is creepy. On the topic of this weeks song. I cant believe that he is such an accomplished drummer. I would never have guessed that he was parallelized, that is even more impressive than the guy from Def Leopard... you know. hey that reminds me, why donut you ever feature any 80s hair bands on this blog? that would be way more bitchen ROCK ON Grape boy.