Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tripping

Hey kids,
I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything recently. I spent the past week on the road with Cindy driving down the Oregon coast and hanging out in the Bay Area. It was a great trip, and you can read all about it on her blog, Echo And Hum. While you're at it, check out Three Blind Moose, another great blog by one of Cindy's friends. Both of these blogs are way more entertaining than the one you're reading now, so hop on over there right away.
I also want to apologize to Ben Gibbard and Colin Meloy for the unnecessarily mean post I wrote last week. You guys obviously have lots of fans who adore your music (including many of my readers), and it was wrong of me to pass judgement on it when I haven't really given your albums a fair listen. It's understandable that you two might be upset about all of this, so I'm offering a truce: I'll stop ragging on your bands if you'll stop calling me repeatedly at odd hours of the night. Deal? Good.

The only thing I have to share with you folks today is a NY Times article on flavor tripping. Apparently there is a West African berry called "miracle fruit" which causes taste buds to temporarily make everything taste sweeter and more delicious. After eating one of these berries, lemons taste like candy, beer tastes like milkshake, and cheese tastes like cheesecake. It sounds pretty wacky, and I'm curious to try it. Who knows, I may end up changing the name of this blog to "Miracle Fruit Is Better". Now, if only there were a berry that made Death Cab sound like the Replacements...

Today on Radio Concord is a song by an up-and-coming Seattle band called Throw Me The Statue:

3 comments:

El said...

I've been reading Echo and Hum and Three Blind Moose for WEEKS now. You don't need to tell *me* to skip this blog in favor of more better ones...

erin said...

Hey there, thanks for the shout out.

You can trash whatever bands you want, I mainly just wanted to talk about how I saw the Dalai Lama. It was pretty cool, except for the part where all the Americans stood and applauded and cheered. I'm fairly certain awed silence would have been more respectful, but what can you do? We're Americans. Inappropriate is (often) what we do.

Radio Concord is pretty sweet, btw.

And P.S.? Still have not listened to my first Death Cab purchase. Heh.

Unknown said...

all man I thought this was going to be about LSD. Just like the name of this blog the content has nothing to do with the title. OK now I am going back to listing to Death Cab.