Friday, September 26, 2008

Walking On Air

I was thinking today about my new shoes. I bought them at Market Street Shoes in Ballard a few days ago. They're stylish yet functional. Most importantly, they feel great on my feet. Gone are the days when I could throw on a pair of Converse All-Stars and be good to go. I'm a 38 year-old man now; bunions and callouses are part of my daily life. Years of chronic fungal infections have left my toes permanently disfugured and in a state of constant pain. Well, that's all going to change. These new shoes make my feet feel like they're wrapped in cotton. They're made by a company called Ahnu (according to their website, the name is derived from the ancient Celtic word for "pillowy comfort"), and they are a pleasure to wear. I don't think there's a man or woman alive who doesn't appreciate the luxurious feel of a new pair of shoes. Here's a picture of them:

No comments: