Monday, September 8, 2008

A New Era

Hi folks,

It's been a while, hasn't it? Normally I'd give some silly excuse for my lack of blogging, but this time I'm proud to say that I've been busy with something far more important: I got married! Not only that, but I got married to the most wonderful woman in the world. I think you know her- she writes that charming little blog called Echo and Hum. What can I say...it's been like a dream. I feel incredibly lucky, and I've never been happier in my life. It's also been a very busy time for both of us, what with the wedding planning and the honeymoon, so I hope you can understand why blogging took a back seat to all of this for the past several weeks.

The wedding was great; highlights included the beautiful ceremony, Trevor's excellent speech, and just hanging out with all of my friends and relatives. It was an honor to be in the presence of all these people who had flown in from across the country just to be with us on our special day. I'm pretty sure the entire readership of this blog was in attendance (thanks for coming!), so I don't need to explain how nice it was to enjoy the warm, sunny weather in such a gorgeous setting. I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did.

After the wedding, Cindy and I went to Kauai for our honeymoon, which was awesome. I'll save the details of that for a later post. Instead, I'd like to mention something of more immediate concern. As I mentioned a couple months ago, Cindy's brother (and now my brother-in-law) Steve is currently battling myelodysplastic syndrome, and he will need to find a donor for a bone marrow transplant. If you haven't signed up for the National Marrow Donor Registry, now's the time: from September 7-22, the $52 registration fee is being waived. The chances of matching to Steve is slim, but you could end up saving someone else's life. More info can be found here. Make sure you enter the promotion code to get the fee waived: NASC262101.

Finally, I'd like to mention something that all of you should be excited about: My friend Trevor has a new blog. I've been pestering him for months, trying to convince him to start a blog of his own, and now he's delivered the goods. Thank you, T-Bone! Now, if only Michael would start a blog...


Speaking of which: this week's selection on Radio Concord is from the most recent Stephen Malkmus album, which Michael sent me recently. Enjoy:

3 comments:

CTV said...

pleezzz tell me that Trevor's speech is preserved somewhere on video so I can see it someday. I can just imagine all of the obscure references to food nomenclature and/or vintage Jarmusch movies...

anyhoo, congrats to you guys. sorry we couldnt make the nuptuals but we wish you the best nonetheless

Trevor said...

CTV - That speech does live on! It lives on in the hearts and minds of every man, woman and child who was at the reception. I think I touched a lot of lives that day. Did you and Christine feel it, down in New Zealand? It would have been around 6:20 pm PST on Aug. 23 ...

Brian said...

Folks, the speech has indeed been preserved on video. My sister recorded the whole thing with her digital camera. No joke. If you would like a copy, please send a check for $99.99 to Concords Are Better, Seattle WA. If you act soon, I'll include a complimentary bottle of Bacon Salt with your order.