Friday, January 9, 2009

1 + 1 = 3

Dear readers, I have some exciting news to share: Mr. and Mrs. Concord are expecting a baby! How crazy is that? Both of us are super excited, but also a bit stunned by the idea of bringing a new life into the world. It's strange to think that this sort of thing happens all the time, all over the world, and yet it's so incredible when it happens to you. Lots of questions fill my mind: What will the baby look like? What kind of adult will this child grow up to be? Will he/she fully appreciate the wondrous flavor of Concord grapes? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that last question.

We learned the news two months ago, and we've told most of you already. The early pregnancy symptoms were rough: constant nausea, weird food cravings at odd hours of the night, unpredictable mood swings...and that was just me. But seriously, Cindy has had to put up with a lot during these past couple of months, and I'll always be grateful for her strength and perseverance. I mean, she's building a human being for chrissakes!
I can only imagine how our lives will change after the baby is born. We probably won't be going to very many rock shows or fancy restaurants. I might not blog as often as I do now (which is already pretty infrequent). I'll probably be sleep-deprived on a regular basis. But I'm looking forward to my new life as a father. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FINALLY, I have been anticipating this news,the rummer mill has been a-buzz for weeks about this. Now I might just be able to sleep knowing that is true!!!! Or will the excitement of this news keep me up? OH no, are going to be sleepless in Seattle....(insert drum roll) Well, the point here is(yes there is a point) congratulations!!!!! WOW,I see great potential for the blog in this news! YEP, not as you would have us believe the decline of it... just think of the possible topics: "Baby's first grape" (an on bias opinion, what kind of grapes are better) "Yes that WAS Mommy's favorite shirt" the story of learning to paint. "No you cant have the last biscuit" how bady made Conrad cry and now feels bad but what would you do?... "Kids are so honest" little Concord observes out loud just how fat the woman in front of you is! I know if the seedling is a boy you will obviously name him Conrad, but what will you name her is it is a girl?

Trevor said...

Congratulations, B-Phat! You have come so far from the cat-avoiding, baby-avoiding young swinger we all knew back in the day. And all I can say now is "Allez-y, monsieur. Allez-y" ...