Thursday, January 29, 2009

Glen Khaki Glen Ross

Hola Amigos,

Welcome to a new installment of "Lost In The Supermarket: Department Store Edition". Today's topic is work clothes. Let's face it: we spend half of our waking hours at work, so it's pretty important that the clothes we wear are comfortable. Sometimes I envy those people who can go to work in jeans and a t-shirt. Unfortunately, my job requires me to create an illusion of professionalism, so casual clothes are out of the picture. The worst part is that I have to wear a tie. I still don't understand how wearing a stupid piece of cloth around my neck is considered respectable, let alone functional. But let's move on.
I recently discovered the perfect pair of work pants: the Glen Khaki, by Dockers. I know what you're thinking: Dockers are for dorks. It's the go-to pant for style-impaired, middle-aged office workers. But Glen Khakis are different. Let's start with the fit. I've never had a better-fitting pair of slacks than these. They're comfy without being baggy. The flat front (as opposed to pleated) gives them a look that is casual yet stylish. As for the fabric, it is both soft and durable. Here's a true story: Last week I was riding my scooter to work while wearing my new pants. As I was making a turn in a parking lot, my scooter slid on a thin patch of ice and I crashed. I was going slow enough that neither the scooter nor my body was harmed in any significant way, but I was sure my pants would be torn from scraping the pavement. Not so. There was nary a scratch on my Glen Khakis. In fact, they probably saved my poor legs from a bad case of road rash. So there you have it: pants that can take a beating and still make me look good. What more could a guy ask for?

5 comments:

Trevor said...

You know what gives Glen Khakis their softness and suppleness? PCB's. I read about it the other day on the Greenpeace website. Just wonder how many little creatures are going to die out in Elliott Bay, so that you might look so damn stylish in your fancy new pants ...

Brian said...

I want everyone to know that Mr. Concord would never harm a poor, defenseless sea creature. These pants were made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh, where they don't even have the technology to make PCB's.

Unknown said...

WOW you do look sharp, in those pants.

Thanks to Trevor I am now worried about the ethics of this blog! is fashion and durability more important the PCB's.
As for the claim of never hurting a defenseless sea creature. I ask you then just how did you train that dolphin that you are so famous for riding? I have my suspicions.... but I will hope that I am wrong

Somnath Mookherjee said...

Hello. I was wondering, have you tried Gavins? Not Gavin's, but Gavins. They fit me great. Also, my netbook apparently has silvernano impregnated on the keyboard. I think that's bad for the little creatures too, but I'm claiming not to have known before I bought it. Try the Gavins.

Trevor said...

Jesus H. Christ! It's not enough that he talks about his netbook non-stop on *my* blog - he's gotta do it here now, too? I think I'm gonna boycott Gavins just based on principle ...